Friday, August 1, 2008

first camping trip

Warning, lots of photos!

We did it. We braved a camping trip with babies. There was a total of 5 couples. Four couples had 1 child, and one couple had 2. This was everyone's first camping trip with their children. It was WONDERFUL! We stayed for 3 nights, along with my best friend and her husband and daughter. The rest of the families stayed 2 nights. Jens was convinced we were crazy to stay 3 nights. He kept asking me, "You do know that we are staying 3 nights?" I'm SO glad we did, it was just the right amount of time.

We camped at Sugar Pine Point at Lake Tahoe. Beautiful campsites and lots of shade. The days were perfect in the 80's and nights were cold, probably in the 40's. Lots of bundling up, especially in the morning.

I got to catch up on my celebrity trash, it was wonderful. Cosmo was on his e-collar the entire time, he did great!

Emma loooved playing with all the kids. She slept fairly well and even took a nap during the day.

Playing with her buddy Aiden.

"How am I supposed to get down from this rock?"

Families photo. From left to right - Me, Emma and Jens - Jennine, Aiden and Mark - Sara, Addison and Joey - Angie, Rick and Ashlynn.

I think Emma tired of being dirty and sitting in the dirt. She used other peoples' chairs and even enjoyed sitting on our laps. I guess she decided it was easier to just sit on Cosmo's head and enjoy her snack. It lasted a whole minute before Cosmo couldn't take it anymore.


What's hilarious about this picture is that Cosmo isn't blinking, he actually closed his eyes and thought he was going to get to go back to sleep on Emma. She was very upset about being pinned down!

This is how we spent the days. Joey brought his remote control cars (which the kids loved too) . . .

. . . and the (other) kids dug in the dirt . . .

. . . ok, and ATE some dirt . . .

After bath time in the evening, the kids decided to play in our tent for a bit.

Trying to get a fun family shot, Jens made Cosmo climb up on this crooked tree. Hard to get a good picture when the "kids" keep moving!


See ya all same time next year! :)

1 comment:

jon-paul, jessica, justin and della stefani said...

I wish we had more opportunities to be outdoorsy! Dog beach and mission trails park is probably the extent of it for us--at least for now. I'm not planning a camping trip where it's just me and Justin. I'll wait for daddy to come home to help. Emma looks so cute in her little ear-muff hat! And I LOVE how GOOD Cosmo is with her.