Friday, August 1, 2008

sorta funny bear story

The last night of our stay we had a bear visit. We had heard rumors of people seeing them DURING THE DAY(!) wandering through campsites. It was in the evening after 9pm. I was in the tent with Emma and had just finished nursing her. She was sleeping and I was just laying there beside her. I heard what I thought was someone trying to quietly walk up to the tent, or somewhere around there. Cosmo was growling at something. Then I hear Jens say, "Cosmo, go get it" and then Cosmo took off running and then Jens saying, "COSMO NO!" and "COSMO, COME!" Then I hear Cosmo yelp and cry out. Then I'm on my feet screaming "Oh my God, oh my God!" I grab Emma (who sleeps through this entire thing, btw) and am at the tent door. Cosmo has come back and I'm shaking thinking he just got mauled by a bear. I have no shoes on and Jens tells me to get over to the campfire and bring his headlamp. I get to the campfire, and there is NO ONE THERE. I thought everyone else had taken off running. Apparently it was last call at the toilet. We checked Cosmo out and he was fine. Thank GOD for the e-collar. His yelp was Jens zapping him so he would come back. Jens hadn't meant to sick Cosmo on the bear, he thought it was me sneaking up behind him. Yikes!

1 comment:

jon-paul, jessica, justin and della stefani said...

Whew! What a scary story. I really thought Cosmo had gotten to the bear, I'm glad that Jens was able to "zap" him in time.